Book Heaven

Where the world of books and life intersect

Name:
Location: South Amboy, New Jersey

I am deeply involved in trying to solve the discrepancy between being interested in zen and trying to acquire all the things I've been accumulating

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Zzzzzzz ......

There is another new book out about sleep. Of course I've already got three books about sleep that I haven't read yet -- The Promise of Sleep, Power Sleep, and Losing Sleep. The truth is although I spend quite a bit of time trying to maintain a healthy lifestyle, I never really give much thought to sleep. I average six hours a night -- five hours in bed and an hour on the bus. It might be good to get a little more but there's just so much to do. Of course there are those who will tell you that sleep isn't really all it's cracked up to be. Martha Stewart says she averages 3.7 hours a night, and at a Barnes & Noble appearance I quizzed health guru Gary Null about his claim of only getting two hours a night. And now I see in a New York Times Science piece that sleep times range from 22 hours a day for the lemur to -0- (yes that's zero) for the bullfrog. Hmmm ....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home