Book Heaven

Where the world of books and life intersect

Name:
Location: South Amboy, New Jersey

I am deeply involved in trying to solve the discrepancy between being interested in zen and trying to acquire all the things I've been accumulating

Friday, September 30, 2005

That "Book Thing" Thing

Damn you, Bill Crider. I'm usually pretty good at not falling for all those time-wasting links you put in your blog, but, sucker that I am, I made the fatal mistake of clicking on that BOOK THING link. I've already made several trips there and "wasted" half a dozen hours nosing around. I haven't ponied up my ten dollars yet to become a paid member, but how far away can that be? I've only listed twenty books so far (my user name is mrjazz) and I can still find myself under the new addicts section but that won't last long once everybody else discovers this site. Then, to get noticed, I'll have to be among those with the most books listed and some have over two thousand listed already.

I'm still not sure if this thing can list your books alphabetically but even that shortcoming might not prevent me from forging ahead. Letting you put on tags to sort your books might be enough. One thing that is cool is the ability to see other people who have the books that you have. I only listed twenty so far and there were no real common titles in there and one person actually had three of them. A kindred soul already.

Maybe the highlight so far was this comment from the username: LarsonLewisProject: "I knew we were meant for each other when, on our first meeting, he asked me if he could see my reference books." Now that's a booklover!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Bill said...

Hey, Andy, now you have the penis size people reading your blog! I wonder if they have a database like Book Thing.

4:42 AM  
Blogger sexedman said...

This site is great, nice job!!

I have a penis size info site. It is about penis size articles and stuff.

Drop by when you can, nice site here!

9:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you sent out a shout for two booklovers.

7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home